The program extends aid to low-income families—particularly those who are not normally eligible for food stamps—who have incurred expenses or suffered losses to income or property because of a natural disaster.
To qualify for D-SNAP, Georgians must meet the following criteria:
· Live or work in one of the 20 counties declared for Federal Emergency Management Agency for Individual Assistance
· Be ineligible and/or not currently receiving food assistance through the regular SNAP program
· Have suffered a disaster-related loss to property or income, including incurring expenses related to the disaster
· Provide photo identification and proof of residency for the head of household
· Meet financial eligibility requirements
Eligibility for the program requires a face-to-face interview.
Clients must apply in-person at a the Wellness Center at Southwest Georgia Technical College, 2500 E. Shotwell Street.